Create an animal figurine from vegetables and fruits. Any part of the food can be used, so get creative! Ask an adult for help before cutting anything.
· Lots of vegetable and fruit parts (stalks, stems, leaves, husk, seeds, berries, etc.).
· Knife or scissors (for use by parent only!).
· Pick an animal to create.
· Decide what fruit and vegetable parts will be needed (i.e. seeds for eyes, zucchini for body, etc.).
· Use glue and toothpicks to assemble your animal.
Hello, narwhal! Or are you a hummingbird…?
· Will my animal be real or imaginary?
· Will my family be able to guess what animal I made?
· What else could I make out of food?
Special thanks to Guelph Public Library