Cornwall Public Library strives to provide a collection that meets the needs of all library users. When items are needed that are not part of our library collection, we offer the Interlibrary Loan Service (ILL). ILL is a collaboration between libraries throughout Ontario. By sharing our collections with other libraries, we support one another and our community to provide access to as many resources as possible.
What can I borrow through Interlibrary Loans?
All library materials may be requested for Interlibrary Loans but are subject to the availability and Interlibrary Loan policies of lending libraries.
Interlibrary Loan materials include books, audio books, DVD's, CD's. Some materials request may require library assistance.
What can't I borrow through Interlibrary Loans?
Lending libraries will likely not lend the following:
- Rare, fragile, and valuable materials.
- Materials in high demand such as bestsellers.
- Reference materials such as directories, dictionaries, genealogical indices, encyclopedia, etc.
- Various materials such as kits, loose-leaf materials.
- Entire issues of periodicals.
Before submitting an Interlibrary Loan request please verify the following: