Program Type:Arts & Crafts
Join the Cornwall public Library and the Cornwall Art Hive in this self exploration and discovery within the arts! The Cornwall Art Hive is generously providing some art supplies for everyone to use! Drop in on the 2nd floor of the Library between 12 pm and 1 pm and ride without fear in in this artistic journey!
The Art Hives Network connects small and regenerative community art studios (known as Art Hives) together in order to build solidarity across geographic distances. This effort seeks to strengthen and promote the benefits of these inclusive, welcoming spaces across Canada, and throughout the world. Also known as "public homeplaces," these third spaces, create multiple opportunities for dialogue, skill-sharing, and art-making between people of different socio-economic backgrounds, ages, cultures and abilities.
An Art Hive is:
- Welcomes everyone as an artist and believes art-making is a human behavior.
- Celebrates the strengths and creative capacities of individuals and communities.
- Fosters self-directed experiences of creativity, learning, and skill sharing.
- Encourages emerging grassroots leaders of all ages.
- Provides free access as promoted by the gift economy.
- Share resources, including the abundant materials available for creative reuse.
- Experiments with ideas through humble inquiry and arts-based research.
- Exchanges knowledge about funding strategies and economic development.
- Partners with colleges and universities to promote engaged scholarship.
- Gardens wherever possible to renew, regenerate, and spread seeds of social change.